Components and Components Location
1. Remove the crash pad lower panel and reinforcement panel. (Refer to the Body group- crash pad).
2. Pull down steering column shaft after removing bolts and nuts.
З. Disconnect the stop lamp switch connector (A).
4. Remove the brake pedal member mounting nut (B).
Tightening torque: 16.5 ~ 25.5 N.m (1.7 ~ 2.6 kgf.m, 12.3 ~ 18.8 lb-ft)
5. Remove the snap pin (A) and clevis pin (B).
6. Remove the brake pedal member assembly mounting nuts and then remove the brake pedal assembly.
Tightening torque: 16.7 ~ 25.5 N.m (1.7 ~2.6 kgf.m, 12.3 ~ 18.8 lb-ft)
7. Remove the cowl bracket (A).
Tightening torque: 23.5 ~ 25.5 N.m (2.4 ~2.6 kgf.m, 17.4 ~ 18.8 lb-ft)
1. Check the bushing for wear.
2. Check the brake pedal for bending or twisting.
3. Check the brake pedal return spring for damage.
4. Check the stop lamp switch.
1. Installation is the reverse of removal.
2. Adjust the brake pedal height and flee play.
3. Check the brake pedal operation.
Brake Pedal Height and Free Play
1. Disconnect the stop lamp switch connector (A) and loosen the stop lamp switch lock nut.
2. Adjust the brake pedal height (A) as illustration below.
Pedal height (A): 165 mm (6.50 in)
Full stroke (C ): 135 mm (5.31 in)
3. Adjust the stop lamp switch clearance (B) and brake pedal free play.
Stop lamp clearance: 1.5 ~ 2.0 mm (0.06 ~ 0.08 in)
Pedal free play: 3.0 ~ 8.0 mm (0.12 ~ 0.31 in)
4. Connect the stop lamp switch connector.