Description and Operation
A ratchet tightening device on the threaded fuel filler cap reduces the chances of incorrect installation, which seals the fuel filler. After the gasket on the fuel filler cap and the filler neck flange contact each other, the ratchet produces a loud clicking noise indicating the seal has been set.
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
2. Lift the vehicle with a jack.
3. Disconnect the canister close valve connector (A).
4. Disconnect the ventilation hose (B) and vapor hose (C).
5. Remove the fuel tank air filter and canister close valve assembly (A) after removing the installation nut (B).
6. Release the lever (A), and then separate the canister close valve (B) from the fuel tank air filter (C) after rotating it in the direction of the arrow in the figure.
7. Install a new fuel tank air filter in accordance with the reverse order.
Installation is the reverse of removal.
Fuel tank air filter bracket installation nut: 4.8 ~ 5.2 N.m (0.5 ~ 0.53 kgf.m, 3.54 ~ 3.84 1b-ft)