Kia Sportage: Warning / Caution Label Locations
- Radiator cap
- Fan caution
- Battery caution
Battery Caution Label Description
Warning / Caution Label (Cont'd)
- Keep flames or sparks away from the
- Wear eye protection when charging or working near a battery. Always
provide ventilation when working in an
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children because batteries contain
highly corrosive SULFURIC ACID. Do not
allow battery acid to contact your skirt, eyes, clothing or paint finish.
- If any electrolyte gets into your eyes, flush your eyes with clean water
for at least 15 minutes and get immediate
medical attention. If possible, continue to apply water with a sponge or
cloth until medical attention is received.
If electrolyte gets on your skin, thoroughly wash the contacted area. If you
feel a pain or a binning sensation, get
medical attention immediately.
- Always read the following instructions carefully when handing a battery.
- Hydrogen, which is a highly combustible gas, is always presents in
battery cells and may explode if ignited.
- An improperly disposed battery can be harmful to the environment and
Always confirm local regulations for battery disposal.
Handling And Storage The Battery
- Batteries should be stored in cool, dry (27ºC / 80.6ºF) places and out
- MF batteries are tightly sealed to prevent acid leakage.
However, tilting the battery to an angle of 45 degrees can cause acid to
through the vents on the sides. Therefore, batteries should always be stored
in their upright positions. Prevent placing any aqueous or solid (i.e.
conductors) bodies on top of the battery.
- It is extremely dangerous to use tools, such as hammers, on the battery
terminals when connecting cables to the mounted battery.
Battery on Vehicle
After reconnecting or recharging a discharged battery, the ESC OFF
indicator may illuminate.
In this case, turn the handle half way to the left and right whilst the ignition
switch is in the ON position.
Then, restart the engine after the ignition is OFF.
The ESC OFF indicator may turn OFF.
If the ESC OFF indicator does not turn OFF, have the system checked referring to
Lift And Support Points
When heavy rear components such as suspension, fuel tank, spare tire,
tailgate and trunk lid are to be removed,
place additional weight in the luggage area before hoisting. When substantial
weight is removed from the rear of the
vehicle, the center of gravity may change and can cause the vehicle to tip
forward on the hoist.
- Since each tire/wheel assembly weights approximately 14kg (30lbs),
placing the front wheels in the luggage
area can assist with the weight distribution.
- Use the same support points to support the vehicle on safety stands.
1. Place the lift blocks under the support points as shown in the
2. Raise the hoist a few inches (centimeters) and rock the vehicle to be sure it
is firmly supported.
З. Raise the hoist to full height to inspect the lift points for secure
If the vehicle needs to be towed, call a professional towing service. Never
tow vehicle with just a rope or chain. It is
There are three popular methods of towing a vehicle:
The operator loads the vehicle
There are five primary symbols used to complement illustrations. These
symbols indicate the part to apply such
materials during service.
Do not reuse the part. Replace a new one.
Apply engine oil or transmission oil to the part.
Protection Of The Vehicle
Always be sure to cover fenders, seats, and floor areas before starting work.
The support rod must be inserted into the hole near the edge of the hood
whenever you inspect the engine
compartment to prevent the
Components and Components Location
Horn relay (Engine room
Horn (Low pitch)
1. Remove the radiator upper cover.
(Refer to the BD group - &
EWGA (Electric Waste Gate
Turbo manifold module
Turbo adapter gasket
Turbo adapter heat protector