Components and Components Location
Description and Operation
Windshield deicer system prevent windshield wiper from freezing in the winter season. It consists of deicer in the lower part of windshield, switch and relay.
Body control module receives an input signal from the deicer switch, then controls relay.
Since the generator "L" is switched ON, if the deicer switch is ON, then deicer output is ON for 20 minutes.
1. Remove the cowl top cover.
(Refer to the wiper)
2. Disconnect the windshield deicer connector (A) from the wiper motor linkage.
3. Check for continuity between the terminals of deicer lines.
4. Turn the ignition switch ON and the windshield deicer switch ON, then measure the voltage between the terminals of harness side deicer connector.
OK: approx. Battery voltage (12V)
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the center fascia panel.
(Refer to BE - "Audio")
3. Remove the heater and А/С controller (A) after disconnecting the connector (B).
Take care not to damage the hook when removing the heater and А/С controller.
1. Install the heater and А/С controller.
2. Install the center fascia panel
1. The windshield deicer switch inputs can be checked using the GDS.
2. To check the input value of windshield deicer switch, select option "BCM".
3. Select option "Current Data".
4. To check the input value of windshield deicer switch in force mode, select option.