Description and Operation
Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAPS) is a speed-density type sensor and is installed on the surge tank. It senses absolute pressure of the surge tank and transfers the analog signal proportional to the pressure to the ECM.
By using this signal, the ECM calculates the intake air quantity and engine speed.
The MAPS consists of a piezo-electric element and a hybrid IC amplifying the element output signal. The element is silicon diaphragm type and adapts pressure sensitive variable resistor effect of semi-conductor. Because 100% vacuum and the manifold pressure apply to both sides of the sensor respectively, this sensor can output analog signal by using the silicon variation proportional to pressure change.
1. Connect the GDS on the Data Link Connector (DLC).
2. Measure the output voltage of the MAPS at idle and IG ON
Specification: Refer to "Specification"
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
2. Disconnect the manifold absolute pressure sensor connector (A).
З. Remove the installation bolts (B), and then remove the sensor from the surge tank.
1. Installation is reverse of removal.
Manifold absolute pressure sensor installation bolt: 9.8 ~ 11.8 N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7 lb-ft)