Kia Sportage: Ultrasonic Sensor
1. Lift up the vehicle.
(Refer to GI group - "Lift and support points")
2. Remove the rear bumper.
(Refer to the BD group - "Rear bumper")
3. Pull out the sensor by opening the sensor holder out.
4. Disconnect the connector from the ultrasonic sensor.
1. Install the sensor and connector.
Start Stop Button (SSB)
FOB key holder
Smart key unit
BCM (Body Control Module)
Interior antenna 1
Interior antenna 2
1. Check the connecting rod end play.
Using a feeler gauge, measure the end play while moving the connecting rod back
Standard : 0.10 ~ 0.25mm (0.0039 ~ 0.0098in.)
Limit: 0.35mm (0.0138in.)
Observe the following tips when welding.
1. Wear appropriate eye protection.
2. Carefully follow the manufacturers operating
instructions for the welding machine you are using.
3. Do not weld, smoke or allow open flames around