Kia Sportage: Vehicle Auto Shut-off system
If your vehicle is parked and the engine
is left on for a long period of time, the
engine will turn off automatically to help
reduce fuel consumption and prevent
accidents caused by carbon dioxide poisoning.
Vehicle Auto-Shut Off timer operates
when all the following conditions are satisfied:
- Vehicle speed is below 2 mph (3km/
h), and the gear is shifted to P (Park)
- The brake pedal and accelerator
pedal are not depressed
- The driver's seat belt is unfastened
- The passenger seat is empty
- The infotainment system is being
Vehicle Auto-Shut Off timer turns off
when one of the situation occur:
- Vehicle speed is above 2 mph (3 km/
- The gear is shifted to R (Reverse), D
(Drive) or N (Neutral)
- The brake pedal or accelerator pedal
- The driver's seat belt is fastened
- A passenger is in the passenger's seat
- Vehicle will be turned off automatically
When all the conditions are satisfied, the
Vehicle Auto-Shut Off operates and
turns the engine off automatically after
A timer appears on the instrument cluster
30 minutes before vehicle shut off.
Resetting cluster timer
To reset the cluster timer, do one of following:
- Release the accelerator pedal or
brake pedal after Vehicle Auto-Shut
Off is complete.
- Press the OK button on the steering
wheel while the timer appears on the
Do not leave a passenger or a pet in the
vehicle in hot weather since the air conditioning
system turns off when the
engine is off.
Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system
The Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system
reduces fuel consumption by automatically
shutting down the engine when the
vehicle is at a standstill. (For example:
red light and traffic jam)
The engine starts automatically as
The ISG will operate under the following
The driver's seatbelt is fastened.
The driver's door and hood are closed.
The brake vacuum pressure is adequate.
The battery sensor is activated and
the battery is sufficiently
If you install an aftermarket HID head
lamp, your vehicle's audio and electronic
device may malfunction.
Using the infotainment/climate switchable
Press the button on the switchable controller
to switch between infot
1. Remove the rear wheel & tire.
Tightening torque: 88.3 ~ 107.9N.m (9.0 ~ 11.0kgf.m, 65.1 ~ 79.6lb-ft)
Be careful not to damage to the hub bolts when removing the front wheel & tire (A).