Components and Components Location
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery negative terminal first, then the positive terminal.
(+) terminal: 7.8 ~ 9.8N.m (0.8 ~ 1.0kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 7.2lb-ft)
(-) terminal: 4.0 ~ 6.0N.m (0.4 ~ 0.6kgf.m. 3.0 ~ 4.4lb-ft)
2. Disconnect the А/С compressor switch connector (A) the alternator connector (B), and the cable from alternator "B" terminal (C).
3. Remove the drive belt (A) after turning the drive belt tensioner (B) counterclockwise.
4. Pull out the through bolt and then remove the alternator (A).
Tightening torque: 49.0 ~ 63.7N.m (5.0 ~ 6.5kgf.m, 36.2 ~ 47.0lb-ft)
5. Installation is the reverse order of removal.
1. Remove the alternator cover (A) using a screw driver after loosening the nuts (B).
2. Remove the slip ring guide (A) and then loosen the mounting bolts and disconnect the brush holder assembly (B).
3. Remove the pulley (A) using the SST (09373-27000) (B).
4. Loosen the 4 through bolts (A).
5. Disconnect the rotor (A) and cover (B).
6. Reassembly is the reverse order of disassembly.
1. Check that there is continuity between the slip lings (C).
2. Check that there is no continuity between the slip lings and the rotor (B) or rotor shaft (A).
3. If the rotor fails either continuity check, replace the alternator.
1. Check that there is continuity between each pair of leads (A).
2. Check that there is no continuity between each lead and the coil core.
3. If the coil fails either continuity check, replace the alternator.