Kia Sportage: Blade replacement
When the wipers no longer clean adequately,
the blades may be worn or
cracked, and require replacement.
To prevent damage to the wiper arms or
other components, do not attempt to
move the wipers manually.
The use of a non-specified wiper blade
could result in wiper malfunction and
Front wiper blade replacement
For your convenience and to prevent
hood paint damage, you must move the
windshield wiper blades to the service
position as follows.
After turning off the engine, move the
wiper switch to the single wiping (MIST)
position within 20 seconds and hold the
switch more than 2 seconds until the
wiper blade is in the fully up position.
- Do not allow the wiper arm to fall
against the windshield, since it may
chip or crack the windshield.
- Do not pull the wiper arm forward,
since arm could chip hood paint.
Type A (if equipped)
- Raise the wiper arm.
- Lift up the wiper blade clip. Then pull
down the blade assembly and remove
- Install the new blade assembly.
- Make sure that both blade assemblies
are installed firmly by trying to pull it
- Return the wiper arm onto the windshield.
- Turn ignition to the ON position and
wiper arms will return to the normal
Type B (if equipped)
- Raise the wiper arm and turn the
wiper blade assembly to expose the
plastic locking clip.
- Compress the clip and slide the blade
- Lift it off the arm.
- Install the blade assembly in the
reverse order of removal.
Within 20 seconds after the vehicle
ignition is OFF, move the wiper lever
to MIST position for over 2 seconds
until the wiper moves down to the
bottom middle part.
Raise the wiper arm and pull out the
wiper blade assembly.
Keep the battery securely mounted.
Keep the battery top clean and dry.
Keep the terminals and connections
clean, tight, and coated with petroleum
jelly or terminal grease.
Rinse any spilled electrolyte from the
TPMS Receiver Circuit Diagram
Components and Components Location
Guide rod bolt
Inner pad shim
1. Remove the front wheel & tire.