1. Release the residual pressure in fuel line (Refer to "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line" in this group).
2. Remove the rear seat cushion (Refer to "Seat" in BD group).
3. Remove the fuel pump service cover (A).
4. Disconnect the fuel рumр connector (A) and the fuel tank pressure sensor connector (B).
5. Disconnect the fuel feed tube quick connector (C).
6. Remove the rear - LH wheel & tire.
7. Lift the vehicle and support the fuel tank with a jack.
8. Remove the center muffler assembly (Refer to "Intake And Exhaust System" in EM group).
9. Remove the propeller shaft (Refer to "Propeller Shaft Assembly" in DS group) [4WD].
10. Disconnect the fuel filler hose (A) and the ventilation hose (B).
11. Disconnect the canister close valve connector (A).
12. Disconnect the vapor tube quick-connector (A).
13. Remove the wider cover (A).
14. Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle after removing the fuel tank band (A).
When removing the fuel tank, the fuel tank must be tilted because of interfering with coupling.
1. Installation is reverse of removal.
Fuel tank band installation nut: 39.2 ~ 54.0 N.m (4.0 ~ 5.5 kgf.m, 28.9 ~ 39.8 lb-ft)