Kia Sportage: Opening the hood
The hood serves as a cover for the
Open the hood if maintenance work
needs to be performed in the engine
compartment or if you need to look at
Opening the hood
- Pull the release lever to unlatch the
hood. The hood should pop open
- Go to the front of the vehicle, raise the
hood slightly, push the secondary
latch (1) to the left and lift the hood
- Pull out the support rod.
- Hold the hood opened with the support
- After driving, the engine compartment
and support rod will be hot.
Grasp the support rod in the area
wrapped in rubber to prevent burns.
- The support rod must be inserted
completely into the hole provided
whenever you inspect the engine
compartment. This will prevent the
hood f r om falling and possibly injuring
The hood warning message will appear
on the LCD display when hood is open.
The warning chime will operate when
the vehicle is being driven at or above 2
mph (3 km/h) with the hood open.
Closing the hood
Before closing the hood, check
Fuel filler door
The vehicle's fuel filler door must be
opened and closed by hand from outside
Opening the fuel filler door
To unlock fuel filler door:
Press the unlock button on your smart
Press the Central Door unl
1. Disconnect the vapor hose from the intake manifold and connect a vacuum pump to the nipple on the intake manifold.
At Cold Engine [Engine Coolant Temperature < 60ºC(140ºF) ]
2. Check the fol
Seat belt switch
Vehicle speed sensor
Engine coolant temperature sender
Oil pressure switch
Brake fluid level warning switch
Parking brake switch