Kia Sportage: Operating rear window wiper and washer switch
The rear window wiper and washer
switch is located at the end of the wiper
and washer switch lever.
- Turn the switch to the desired position
to operate the rear wiper and washer.
- HI - Normal wiper operation
- LO - Intermittent wiper operation
- OFF - Wiper is not in operation
Push the lever away from you to
spray rear washer fluid and to run the
rear wipers several times.
The spray and wiper operation will continue
until you release the lever.
When the front wiper is activated and
the gear is switched to R (Reverse) position,
the rear wiper will be activated once
to provide better visibility.
Heated washer nozzle (if
The heated washer nozzle function
defreezes the washer nozzles in freezing
The heated washer nozzle will turn on
and off automatically when the ignition
switch or ENGINE START/STOP button is
in ON position or when the engine is
running in following conditions:
- Turns ON when the outside temperature
is below 41 ºF, and OFF when it is
over 50 ºF.
- The washer fluid defreezing speed
may be slower when the ignition
switch or ENGINE START/STOP button
is in ON position, than compared
to when the engine is running.
- When the ignition switch or ENGINE
START/STOP button is in ON position,
after approximately 20 minutes of
operation, the system will turn off
automatically to prevent possible battery
- After the engine is running, the
washer fluid will defrost approximately
after 5 ~ 10 minutes.
- If the engine has been started within
the operating temperature, the
heated nozzle remains ON even
approximately after 20 minutes.
The heated washer nozzle may not function
properly under following conditions:
- The washer fluid in the washer reservoir
- Outside temperature sensor is malfunctioning.
The welcome system is a function that
illuminates the surroundings or the interior
when the driver approaches or exits
Door handle lamp (if equipped)
When all the doors (and liftgate) are
closed and locked, the door handle lamp
This vehicle is equipped with lights
throughout the vehicle to illuminate the
Do not use the interior lights for
extended periods when the engine is not
It may cause battery discharge.
Do not use the inte
A: Smart Cruise Control conditions not
If the Driving Assist button, + switch, -
switch or ( 3) switch is operated when
Smart Cruise Control's operating conditions
are not satisfied, a warning message
will appear on the cluster, and
1. Remove the antenna jack from the audio unit and antenna.
2. Check for continuity between the center poles of antenna cable.
3. Check for continuity between the outer poles of antenna cable. T