Kia Sportage: Polypropylene (PP) bumper repairability
The three types of damaged bumpers shown below can
be repaired. Because of cost and quality
considerations, bumpers with more damage may be
repaired, but replacing the bumper is encouraged.
1. If a hole on a bumper is less than 2 in.(50 mm).
2. If a crack on a bumper is less than 4 in.(100 mm).
3. If a crack on bumper section A is less than
4 in.(100 mm) (less than half of the bumper height).
Bumper repair procedure
Damage to the bumper that reaches the surface of the polyporpylene cannot be
fixed just by painting. Use the repair
methods shown below to repair damage that reaches the surface of the
1. Rough cut the damaged area 45º using a
The Kia Sportage Third Generation (SL) Service and Repair Manual provides detailed instructions and information for servicing, maintaining, and repairing various aspects of the Kia Sportage Third Generation (SL).
Encompassing topics such as engine s
Forward/Reverse Parking Distance Warning malfunction
After starting the vehicle, a beep will
sound once when the gear is shifted to R
(Reverse) to indicate Forward/Reverse
Parking Distance Warning is operating
However, if one or mor
Components and Components Location
Connector Pin Function
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Using the screwdriver, remove the cluster facia panel (A).
3. Using the screwd