Kia Sportage: Vehicle protection
1. Cover the seats before performing any procedure to
keep them from getting dirty.
2. Cover all glasses, seats and mats with a heat
resistant cover when welding.
3. Protect moldings, garnishes and ornaments.
A word about safety
1. Wear the appropriate safety equipment that is
necessary for the procedure being performed.
2. When welding or performing other procedures that
require the use of an open flame near the fuel tank,
disconnect and remove the tank and fuel pipe, and
cap the pipe to prevent fuel leakage.
Observe the following tips when welding.
1. Wear appropriate eye protection.
2. Carefully follow the manufacturers operating
instructions for the welding machine you are using.
3. Do not weld, smoke or allow open flames around
Measuring dimensions before beginning
Measure the dimensions of the damaged area according to the body dimension
drawings before disassembling
and repairing. Adjust dimensions with body frame adjuster if deformed.
Selecting cutting area
The Auto Hold is designed to maintain
the vehicle in a standstill even though
the brake pedal is not pressed after the
driver brings the vehicle to a complete
stop by pressing the brake pedal.
Applying Auto Hold function
Press the brake peda
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) detects the crankshaft position and is one
of the most important sensors of the
engine control system. If there is no CKPS signal input, the engine may stop