Description and Operation
The 4WD ECU makes a Motor Pump (Actuator) turn round for generating an oil pressure. And then it presses a multiple disk clutch and transfers the generated torque into rear wheels. Its torque value varies according to a pressure status.
If you have trouble code related to the pressure sensor (P1825, P1826, P1827, P1828), check pressure sensor according to the inspection process.
Pressure Sensor Inspection Procedure
Measure the resistance of pressure sensor
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect the pressure sensor connector.
3. Measure resistance between sensor terminal and terminal.
4. Check the measured resistance. (Refer to table)
1. Remove the coupling assembly. (Refer to "coupling assembly" in 4WD group)
2. Remove the extension Cable (A).
3. Remove the pressure sensor (A) with 24mm socket.
Tightening torque: 7.8 ~ 9.8 N.m (0.8 ~ l.0 kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 7.2 lb-ft)
1. Installation is the reverse of removal.