Check it by the procedure below to see if the function of the ECM is normal.
1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position.
2. Cover the forward facing sensor.
3. Head a light to the rearward looking sensor.
4. The ECM should be darkened as soon as the rearward looking sensor detects the light
If this test is performed in daytime, the ECM may be darkened as soon as the forward facing sensor is covered.
5. When the reverse gear is engaged, the ECM should not be darkened.
When heading lights to both the forward facing and rearward looking sensors, the ECM should not be darkened.
1. Remove the mirror wiring cover (A).
2. Remove the mirror mounting screw (A) and connector (B).
3. Remove the mirror (A) pulling up in the arrow direction.
Make sure not to damage the mounting bracket (B) when removing the mirror.
1. Install the mirror making sure the mounting bracket not to be damaged.
2. Install the mirror wiring cover after reconnecting the connector and tightening the screw.