Kia Sportage: Rustproof treatment after assembly
Apply body sealer where necessary.
Applying rustproof material
Apply rustproofing material (wax, oil, etc.) behind welded area.
Apply undercoat on the body where necessary.
1. Place the lift blocks under the support points as shown in the
2. Raise the hoist a few inches and rock the vehicle to be sure it is firmly
3. Raise the hoist to full height to inspect the lift points for secure su
The body consists of the body shell, frame and cross members, etc, welded
together. This provides safety, durability,
noise protection, rustproofing and vibration proofing of the vehicle.
Body service holes
Body service holes are p
Front Door Lock Actuator Inspection
1. Remove the front door trim.
(Refer to the BD group - "Front door")
2. Remove the front door module.
3. Disconnect the 7P connector from the actuator.
4. Check actuator oper
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) began regulation of On Board
Diagnostics (OBD) for vehicles sold in
California beginning with the 1988 model year. The first phase, OBD-L required
monitoring of the fuel