Kia Sportage: Assembly
Measuring dimensions before welding
When assembling a new part, assemble it according to the body dimensions
given in Section 31, and start welding
after checking the gaps with nearby parts.
Caution when welding
The number of welding points should be determined based on the criteria
Caution when spot welding
- The tip of the spot welding machine should be maintained to a minimum of
0.1 in (3 mm) because it greatly
affects welding strength. When possible, spot welding should be done between
the existing spot welded points.
- Before and after spot welding, weld a test piece (test pin) of the same
material as the body panel, and check the
Apply body sealer where necessary.
Applying rustproof material
Apply rustproofing material (wax, oil, etc.) behind welded area.
Apply undercoat on the body where necessary.
1. Place the lift blocks under the support points as shown in the
2. Raise the hoist a few inches and rock the vehicle to be sure it is firmly
3. Raise the hoist to full height to inspect the lift points for secure su
Components and Components Location
Description and Operation
А/С pressure transducer convert the pressure value of high pressure line into voltage value after it is measured. By voltage value, the e
Low tire pressure telltale
Low tire pressure position telltale
When the TPMS warning indicators are
appeared, one or more of your tires is
Low tire pressure
If the telltale illuminates, immediately