Kia Sportage: Child-protector rear door lock
The child safety lock is provided to help
prevent children from accidentally opening
the rear doors from inside the vehicle.
The rear door safety locks should be
used whenever children are in the vehicle.
The child safety lock is located on the
edge of each rear door. When the child
safety lock is in the lock position (1), the
rear door will not open if the inner door
handle is pulled.
To lock the child safety lock, insert a key
(or screwdriver) into the hole and turn it
to the lock position.
To allow a rear door to be opened from
inside the vehicle, unlock the child safety
To open the rear door, pull the outside
door handle (2).
Rear door locks
If children accidentally open the rear
doors while the vehicle is in motion, they
could fall out and be severely injured or
killed. To prevent children from opening
the rear doors from the inside, the rear door safety locks
should be used whenever
children are in the vehicle.
- The system does not detect every
obstacle approaching the vehicle exit.
- The driver and passenger are responsible
for the accident occurred while
exiting the vehicle. Always check the
surrounding before you exit the vehicle.
If the electrical power door lock switch is
not operating (e.g., dead car battery) the
only way to lock the door(s) is with the
mechanical key from the outside key
Doors without an outside key hole can
be locked as follows:
The Driver Position Memory System is
provided to store and recall the following
memory settings with a simple button
Driver's seat position
Outside rear view mirror position
Instrument panel illumination intensity
1. Remove the antenna jack from the audio unit and antenna.
2. Check for continuity between the center poles of antenna cable.
3. Check for continuity between the outer poles of antenna cable. T
1. Check that the red light flickers when the door lock or unlock button is
pressed on the transmitter.
2. Remove the battery (A) and check voltage if the red light doesn't flicker.
Standard voltage : 3V