Kia Sportage: Distributing the sealant
- Immediately drive approximately 4 ~
6 miles (7 ~ 10 km or, about 10min) to
evenly distribute the sealant in the
Do not exceed a speed of 50 mph (80
km/h). If possible, do not fall below a
speed of 12 mph (20 km/h).
While driving, if you experience any
unusual vibration, ride disturbance or
noise, reduce your speed and drive with
caution until you can safely pull off of
the side of the road. Call for road side
service or towing.
When you use the Tire Mobility Kit, the
wheel may be stained by sealant. Therefore,
remove the wheel stained by sealant
and have the vehicle inspected at an
authorized Kia dealer.
Checking the tire inflation pressure
- After driving approximately 4 ~ 6
miles (7 ~ 10 km or about 10 min),
stop at a safety location.
- Connect the filling hose of the compressor
directly to the tire valve.
- Connect between compressor and the
vehicle power outlet using the cable
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the
recommended tire inflation.
With the ignition switched on, proceed
- To increase the inflation pressure:
Switch on the compressor. To
check the current inflation pressure
setting, briefly switch off the compressor.
- To reduce the inflation pressure:
Turn the valve on the compressor.
Do not let the compressor run for more
than 10 minutes, otherwise the device
will overheat and may be damaged.
If the inflation pressure is not maintained,
drive the vehicle a second time,
refer to "Distributing the sealant". Then repeat steps 1 to 4.
Use of the TMK may be ineffectual for
tire damage larger than approximately
0.16 of an inch (4 mm).
We recommend that you please contact
the nearest Kia dealership if the tire cannot
be made roadworthy with the Tire
The tire inflation pressure must be at
least 180 kPa (26 psi). If it is not, do not
continue driving. Call for road side service
When reinstalling the repaired or
replaced tire and wheel on the vehicle,
tighten the wheel lug nut to 79 ~ 94 lbf*ft
(11 ~ 13 kgf*m).
Notes on the safe use of the Tire
- Park your car at the side of the road
so that you can work with the TMK
away from moving traffic. Place your
warning triangle in a prominent place
to make passing vehicles aware of
- To be sure your vehicle will not move,
even when you're on fairly level
ground, always set your parking
- Only use the TMK for sealing/inflation
passenger car tires. Do not use on
motorcycles, bicycles or any other
type of tires.
- Do not remove any foreign objectssuch
as nails or screws -that have
penetrated the tire.
- Before using the TMK, read the precautionary
advice printed on the sealant
- Provided the car is outdoors, leave the
engine running. Otherwise operating
the compressor may eventually drain
the car battery.
- Never leave the TMK unattended
while it is being used.
- Do not leave the compressor running
for more than 10 min. at a time or it
- Do not use the TMK if the ambient
temperature is below -22ºF (-30ºC).
- When the tire and wheel are damaged,
do not use Tire Mobility Kit for
- System voltage: DC 12 V
- Working voltage: DC 12 V
- Amperage rating: max. 15 A
- Suitable for use at temperatures: -22
to 158 ºF (-30 to 70 ºC)
- Max. working pressure: 101 psi (7 bar)
- Compressor: 150 x 130 x 60 mm
(5.9 x 5.1 x 2.4 in.)
- Sealant bottle: 115.3 x 87.3 ø mm
(4.5 x 3.4 ø in.)
- Compressor weight: 620 g (1.36 lbs)
- Sealant volume: 400 ml (24.4 cu.in.)
* Sealant and spare parts can be
obtained and replaced at an authorized
vehicle or tire dealer. Empty sealant
bottles may be disposed of at
home. Liquid residue from the sealant
should be disposed of by your vehicle
or tire dealer or in accordance with
local waste disposal regulations.
If you have a flat tire, you can change
the flat tire to a spare tire using tools.
Driving on a flat tire will cause permanent
damage to the tire. Re-inflating a
tire after it has been driven on while
severely underinflated or flat may
A vehicle can slip or roll off of a jack
causing serious injury or death to you or
those nearby. Take the following safety
Never place any portion of your body
under a vehicle that is supported by a
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist is
designed to help detect and monitor the
vehicle ahead or help detect a pedestrian
or cyclist in the roadway and warn
the driver that a collision is imminent
with a warning message and an
Locate the statement "The combined
weight of occupants and
cargo should never exceed XXX
kg or XXX lbs.'' on your vehicle's
Determine the combined weight
of the driver and passengers that
will be ridin