Kia Sportage: What to do in an emergency
If you have a flat tire (with tire mobility kit)
- Effective use of TPMS
- Low tire pressure telltale
- Tire replacement with TPMS
If you have a flat tire (with spare tire)
- Components of the Tire Mobility Kit
- Using the Tire Mobility Kit
- Distributing the sealant
- Jack and tools
- Changing tires
- Important - use of compact spare tire
When an emergency situation occurs
while driving or when you park by the
edge of the roadway, you must alert
approaching or passing vehicles to be
careful as they pass. For this, you should
use the hazard warning flasher.
Hazard warning flasher
When the vehicle will not start because
of low battery power, you may need to
jump start the vehicle.
Connect cables in numerical order and
disconnect in reverse order.
Jump-starting can be dangerous if done
If your temperature gauge indicates
overheating, you experience a loss of
power, or hear a loud pinging or knocking,
the engine will probably be too hot.
If this happens, you should:
Pull off the road and stop as soon as it
is safe to do
Take the following precautions when
using seat belts.
Infant or small child
All 50 states have child restraint laws.
You should be aware of the specific
requirements in your state. Child and/or
infant seats must be properly placed
1. Place the lift blocks under the support points as shown in the
2. Raise the hoist a few inches and rock the vehicle to be sure it is firmly
3. Raise the hoist to full height to inspect the lift points for secure su