Kia Sportage: Engine Oil
Oil And Filter Replacement
- Prolonged and repeated contact with mineral oil will result in the
removal of natural fats from the skin, leading to
dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains
potentially harmful contaminants which
may cause skin cancer.
- Exercise caution in order to minimize the length and frequency of
contact of your skin to used oil. Wear
protective clothing and gloves. Wash your skin thoroughly with soap and
water, or use water-less hand cleaner,
to remove any used engine oil. Do not use gasoline, thinners, or solvents.
- In order to preserve the environment, used oil and used oil filter
must be disposed of only at designated
1. Park the car on level ground.
Start the engine and let it warm up.
2. Drain engine oil.
- Remove the oil filler cap.
- After lifting the car, remove the oil drain plug (A) and drain oil into
3. Replace the oil filter (B).
- Remove the oil filter.
- Check and clean the oil filter installation surface.
- Check the part number of the new oil filter is as same as old one.
- Apply clean engine oil to the gasket of a new oil filter.
- Lightly screw the oil filter into place, and tighten it until the gasket
contacts the seat.
- Tighten it with the torque below.
11.8 ~ 15.7N.m (1.2 ~ 1.6kgf.m, 8.7 ~ 11.6lb-ft)
4. Install the oil drain plug with a new gasket.
34.3 ~ 44.1N.m (3.5 ~ 4.5kgf.m, 25.3 ~ 32.5lb-ft)
5. Fill with new engine oil, after removing the engine oil level gauge.
Total: 5.5 L (1.45 U.S.gal., 5.81 U.S.qt., 4.84 lmp.qt.)
Oil pan : 4.2 L (1.11 U.S.gal.. 4.44 U.S.qt., 3.70 lmp.qt.)
Drain and refill including oil filter:
4.6 L (1.22 U.S.gal., 4.86 U.S.qt., 4.05 lmp.qt.)
6. Install the oil filler cap.
7. Start engine and check for oil leaks and check the oil gauge or light for an
indication of oil pressure.
8. Recheck the engine oil level.
1. Check the engine oil quality.
Check the oil deterioration, entry of water, discoloring of thinning. If the
quality is visibly poor, replace the oil.
2. Check the engine oil level.
After engine warm up stop the engine wait 5 minutes then check the oil level.
Oil level should be between the "L"
and "F" marks on the dipstick. If low check for leakage and add oil up to the
Do not fill with engine oil above the "F" mark.
Selection Of Engine Oil
Recommendation: 5W-30 ACEA A5 (If not available, refer to the recommended API
or ILSAC classification)
API classification: SL, SM or above
ILSAC classification : GF3, GF4 or above
ACEA Classification: A3 or A5
SAE viscosity grade : Refer to the recommended SAE viscosity number
For best performance and maximum protection of all types of operation,
select only those lubricants which:
1. Satisfy the requirement of the API or ILSAC classification.
2. Have proper SAE grade number for expected ambient temperature range.
3. Lubricants that do not have both an SAE grade number and API or ILSAC service
classification on the
container should not be used.
Balance shaft & oil pump
Balance shaft chain tensioner
Balance shaft chain
Balance shaft chain sprocket
Balance shaft chain guide
Balance shaft chain tensioner arm
1. Loosen the drain plug, and drain the coolant. Remove the radiator cap to speed draining.
2. Disconnect the oil cooler coolant hoses (A).
Ð—. Remove the oil filter (A).
4. Loosen the mounting bolt (A) and r
Forward/Reverse Parking Distance Warning malfunction
After starting the vehicle, a beep will
sound once when the gear is shifted to R
(Reverse) to indicate Forward/Reverse
Parking Distance Warning is operating
However, if one or mor
Highway Driving Assist is designed to
help detect vehicles and lanes ahead,
and help maintain distance f r om the
vehicle ahead, maintain the set speed,
and keep the vehicle between lanes
while driving on the highway (or motorway).