Kia Sportage: Exhaust Manifold
- Hear protector
- EWGA (Electric Waste Gate
- Turbo manifold module
- Turbocharger stay
- Turbo adapter gasket
- Turbo adapter
- Turbo adapter heat protector
- Oil drain pipe assembly
- Turbocharger oil drain gasket
- Oil feed pipe & hose assembly
- Oil drain gasket
- Exhaust manifold gasket
- Turbocharger water feed hose
- Turbocharger water drain hose
Removal and Installation
1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Disconnect the battery negative terminal (A).
4.0 ~ 6.0N.m (0.4 ~ 0.6kgf.m, 3.0 ~ 4.4lb-ft)
3. Disconnect the oxygen sensor connector (A).
4. Remove the exhaust manifold heat protectors (A).
7.8 ~ 11.8N.m (0.8 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 8.7lb-ft)
Check that engine is cool enough to work.
5. Remove the front muffler (A).
39.2 ~ 58.8 N.m (4.0 ~ 6.0 kgf.m, 28.9 ~ 43.4 lb-ft)
6. Support the sub frame (A) with a floor jack, and then remove the sub frame
mounting bolts and nuts.
176.5 ~ 196.1 N.m (18.0 ~ 20.0 kgf.m, 130.2 ~ 144.7 lb-ft)
- After removing the sub frame mounting bolt, the engine and transaxle
assembly may fall downward, and
so support them securely with floor jack.
- Verify that the hoses and connectors are disconnected before removing
the engine and transaxle
7. Disconnect the turbocharger water feed hose (A) and the water drain hose
8. Remove the turbocharger stay (A) and then disconnect the oil drain pipe
(B) and gasket.
Bolts (C): 18.6 ~ 27.5N.m (1.9 ~ 2.8kgf.m, 13.7 ~ 20.3lb-ft)
Bolts (D ): 49.0 ~ 53.9N.m (5.0 ~ 5.5kgf.m, 36.2 ~ 39.8lb-ft)
Bolts (E ): 7.8 ~ 11.8N.m (0.8 ~ 1.2kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 8.7lb-ft)
When installing, clean the gasket surface and replace the oil drain pipe
gasket with new one.
9. Disconnect the oil feed pipe (A) and then remove the turbo manifold module
Oil feed pipe eye bolt:
11.8 ~ 17.7N.m (1.2 ~ 1.8kgf.m, 8.7 ~ 13.0lb-ft)
Turbo manifold module nuts:
49.0 ~ 53.9N.m (5.0 ~ 5.5kgf.m, 36.2 ~ 39.7lb-ft)
When installing the oil feed pipe & hose, make sure the stopper (A) don't
touch the compressor housing.
Be careful not to bend or crush the pipe & hose.
When installing, be sure the eye bolt о-rings are completely seated in
both hole of oil feed pipe.
When installing, replace with a new gasket.
When installing the turbo manifold module, tighten the nuts with pre-torque
first, and then tighten the nuts with
specified torque in the sequence shown.
10. Remove the turbo manifold module gasket (A).
11. Installation is reverse order of removal.
- Always use the new turbo manifold module and turbo adapter gaskets
- Always use a new turbocharger nuts and, exhaust manifold nuts when it
- Take care whether the oil feed pipe & hose assembly is interfered
with turbo manifold module and any
- If the oil feed pipe & hose is damaged, engine oil is not supplied
sufficiently to the turbocharger then it
may damage the turbocharger. If the oil drain pipe & hose is damaged and
clogged, engine oil is not
drained smoothly then it may cause oil leaks from the turbocharger. Be care
fill the oil feed pipe &
hose not to damage. (bent, crushed, tom or cracked).
EWGA (Electric Waste Gate Actuator)
Intercooler inlet hose & pipe
Intercooler outlet hose & pipe
Intercooler mounting bracket
Intercooler upper mounting insulator
Components and Components
Removal and Installation
1. Remove the front muffler (A).
39.2 ~ 58.8
Replacing air cleaner filter
Pull up the lever (1) on the air cleaner
cover and release the lock.
Rotate the fixed lever on the filter and
loosen the lock.
Replace the air cleaner filter.
Assemble in r
Start the engine.
Set the mode to the desired position.
For improving the effectiveness of heating and cooling;
Set the temperature control to the desired position.
Set the air intake control to the outs