Kia Sportage: Important - use of compact spare tire
Your vehicle is equipped with a compact
spare tire. This compact spare tire takes
up less space than a regular-size tire.
This tire is smaller than a conventional
tire and is designed for temporary use
- You should drive carefully when the
compact spare is in use. The compact
spare should be replaced by the
proper conventional tire and rim at
the first opportunity.
- The operation of this vehicle is not
recommended with more than one
compact spare tire in use at the same
The compact spare tire is for emergency
use only. Do not operate your vehicle on
this compact spare at speeds over 50
mph (80 km/h). The original tire should
be repaired or replaced as soon as possible
to avoid failure of the spare, possibly
leading to bodily injury or death.
The compact spare tire should be
inflated to 60 psi (420 kPa).
Check the inflation pressure after installing
the spare tire. Adjust it tothe specified
pressure, as necessary.
When using a compact spare tire,
observe the following precautions:
- Under no circumstances should you
exceed 50 mph (80 km/h); a higher
speed could damage the tire.
- Ensure that you drive slowly enough
for the road conditions to avoid all
hazards. Any road hazard, such as a
pothole or debris, could seriously
damage the compact spare.
- Any continuous road use of this tire
could result in tire failure, loss of vehicle
control, and possible personal
- Do not exceed the vehicle's maximum
load rating or the load-carrying
capacity shown on the sidewall of the
compact spare tire.
- Avoid driving over obstacles. The
compact spare tire diameter is smaller
than the diameter of a conventional
tire and reduces the ground clearance
approximately 1 inch (25 mm), which
could result in damage to the vehicle.
- Do not take this vehicle through an
automatic vehicle wash while the
compact spare tire is installed.
- Do not use tire chains on the compact
spare tire. Because of the smaller size,
a tire chain will not fit properly. This
could damage the vehicle and result
in loss of the chain.
- Do not use the compact spare tire on
any other vehicle because this tire has
been designed especially for your
- The compact spare tire's tread life is
shorter than a regular tire. Inspect
your compact spare tire regularly and
replace worn compact spare tires with
the same size and design, mounted
on the same wheel.
- The compact spare tire should not be
used on any other wheels, nor should
standard tires, snow tires, wheel covers
or trim rings be used with the
compact spare wheel. If such use is
attempted, damage to these items or
other vehicle components may occur.
- Do not use more than one compact
spare tire at a time.
- Do not tow a trailer while the compact
spare tire is installed.
* The actual Jack label in the vehicle may differ from the illustration. For
detailed specifications, refer to the label attached to the jack.
- Model Name
- Maximum allowable load
- When using the jack, set your parking brake.
- When using the jack, stop the engine.
- Do not get under a vehicle that is supported by a jack.
- The designated locations under the frame
- When supporting the vehicle, the base plate of jack must be vertical
under the lifting
- Move the shift position to the P (Park) position on vehicles.
- The jack should be used on firm level ground.
- Jack manufacturer
- Production date
- Representative company and address
If emergency towing is necessary, have
it done by authorized Kia dealer or a
commercial tow-truck service.
Proper lifting and towing procedures are
necessary to prevent damage to the
vehicle. The use of wheel dollies (1) or
Smartstream G2.5 GDi
* The actual engine room in the vehicle may differ from the illustration.
Engine coolant reservoir
Brake fluid reservoir
Engine oil filler cap
Engine oil dipstick
Windshield washer fluid
Components and Components Location
Auto light sensor
Lighting switch (Auto)
SJB (Smart Junction Box)
BCM (Body Control Module)
The Brake Assistant System provides
additional pressure when the brake
pedal is momentarily and strongly
depressed in a situation sudden braking
is required while driving.
The Brake Assistant System reduces the
time for ABS(Anti-Lock Brake Sy