Description and Operation
Inhibitor Switch monitors the lever's position (PRXD) and is used to control gear setting signals.
Type: Combination of output signals from 4 terminals
Signal Code Table
1. Make sure vehicle does not roll before setting room side shift lever and T/M side manual control lever to "N" position.
2. Remove the battery and the battery tray. (Refer to "Charging system" in EE group.)
3. Remove the air cleaner assembly. (Refer to "Intake manifold" in EM group.)
4. Remove the shift cable mounting nut (B).
Tightening torque: 7.8 ~ 11.8 N.m (0.8 ~ 1.2 kgf.m, 5.7 ~ 8.6 lb-ft)
5. Disconnect the inhibitor switch connector (A).
6. Remove the manual control lever (A) and the washer (B) after removing a nut (C).
When installing, affix the manual control lever and the inhibitor switch with Ø5mm (0.1969in.). Then tighten the inhibitor assembly mounting bolts.
7. Remove the inhibitor assembly (A) after removing the bolts (2ea).
Tightening torque: 9.8 ~ 11.8 N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7 lb-ft)
When installing, tighten the inhibitor assembly mounting bolt lightly, so that necessary adjustments can be made. Tighten to specifications.
1. Installation is the reverse of removal.