Components and Components Location
Description and Operation
The mode control actuator is located at the heater unit.
It adjusts position of mode door by operating mode control actuator based on signal of А/С control unit. Pressing mode select switch makes the mode control actuator shift in order of vent → B/L → floor → mix.
1. Ignition "OFF".
2. Disconnect the connector of mode control actuator.
3. Verify that the mode control actuator operates to the defrost mode when connecting 12V to the terminal 3 and grounding terminal 4.
4. Verify that the mode control actuator operates to the vent mode when connecting in the reverse.
5. Check the voltage between terminals 5 and 6.
It will feedback current position of actuator to controls.
6. If the measured voltage is not specification, substitute with a known-good mode control actuator and check for proper operation.
7. If the problem is corrected, replace the mode control actuator.
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the crash pad left side cover (A).
3. Remove the left extension cover (A).
4. Remove the crash pad lower cover (A).
5. Disconnect the diagnosis connector (A).
6. Remove the reinforcing panel (A).
7. Remove the left shower duct (A).
8. Remove the BCM.
(Refer to BE group - "BCM")
9. Disconnect the mode control actuator connector (A).
10. Loosen the mounting screw and then remove the mode control actuator (B).
11. Installation is the reverse order of removal.