Components and Components Location
Radiator Cap Testing
1. Remove the radiator cap, wet its seal with engine coolant, and then install it on a pressure tester.
2. Apply a pressure of 93.16 ~ 122.58kPa (0.95 ~ 1.25kgf/cm2, 13.51 ~ 17.78psi).
3. Check for a drop in pressure.
4. If the pressure drops, replace the cap.
Radiator Leakage Test
1. Wait until engine is cool, then carefully remove the radiator cap and fill the radiator with engine coolant, then install it on the pressure tester (A).
2. Apply a pressure tester to the radiator and apply a pressure of 93.16 ~ 122.58kPa (0.95 ~ 1.25kgf/cm2, 13.51 ~ 17.78psi).
3. Inspect for engine coolant leaks and a drop in pressure.
4. Remove the tester and reinstall the radiator cap.
Check for engine oil in the coolant and/or coolant in the engine oil.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery terminals. (Refer to Engine and transaxle assembly in this group)
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly and intercooler inlet/outlet hose & pipes. (Refer to Engine and transaxle assembly in this group)
3. Remove the battery and battery tray. (Refer to Engine and transaxle assembly in this group)
4. Remove the radiator grill upper guard (A). (Refer to BD group)
5. Remove the radiator upper cover (A).
6. Remove the horn bracket (A). (Refer to BE group)
7. Remove the radiator front air guard (B).
8. Seperate the condenser (C) from the radiator.
9. Disconnect the over flow hose (A) from the radiator.
10. Remove the radiator mounting bracket assemblies (A).
Tightening torque: 8.8 ~ 10.8 N.m (0.9 ~ 1.1 kgf.m 6.5 ~ 8.0 lb-ft)
11. Disconnect the fan motor connector (A).
12. Remove the cooling fan assembly (A).
Tightening torque: 4.9 ~ 7.8 N.m (0.5 ~ 0.8 kgf.m, 3.6 ~ 5.8 lb-ft)
13. Remove the under cover. (Refer to Engine and transaxle assembly in this group)
14. Loosen the drain plug, and drain the engine coolant. Remove the radiator cap to drain with speed.
15. Disconnect the radiator upper hose (A) and lower hose (B).
16. Disconnect the ATF cooler hoses. (Refer to AT group)
17. Remove the radiator assembly (A).
18. Installation is the reverse order of removal.
19. Fill the radiator with coolant and check for leaks.