Description and Operation
Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS) is installed on the delivery pipe and measures the instantaneous fuel pressure in the delivery pipe. The sensing element (Semiconductor element) built in the sensor converts the pressure to voltage signal. By using this signal, the ECM can control correct injection amount and timing and adjusts the fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator valve if the target pressure and the actual pressure calculated by the RPS output signal are different.
1. Connect the GDS on the Data Link Connector (DLC).
2. Measure the output voltage of the RPS at idle and various engine speed.
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
2. Release the residual pressure in fuel line (Refer to "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line" in this group).
When removing the fuel pump relay, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) may occur. Delete the code with the GDS after completion of "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line" work.
3. Remove the intake manifold (Refer to "Intake And Exhaust System" in EM group).
4. Disconnect the rail pressure sensor connector (A), and then remove the sensor (B) from the delivery pipe.
1. Installation is reverse of removal.
Rail Pressure Sensor Installation: 18.0 ~ 22.0 N.m (1.8 ~ 2.2 kgf.m, 13.3 ~ 16.2 lb-ft)