Components and Components Location
Description and Operation
1. Heater unit includes mode control actuator and temperature control actuator.
2. Temperature control actuator is located at the heater unit. It regulates the temperature by the procedure as follows. Signal from control unit adjusts position of temperature door by operating temperature switch and then temperature will be regulated by the hot/cold air ratio decided by position of temperature door.
1. Ignition "OFF".
2. Disconnect the connector of temperature control actuator.
3. Verify that the temperature control actuator operates to the hot position when connecting 12V to the terminal 3 and grounding terminal 4.
Verify that the temperature control actuator operates to the cool position when connecting in the reverse.
4. Check the voltage between terminals 5 and 6 (Drive).
5. Check the voltage between terminals 6 and 7 (Passenger).
It will feedback current position of actuator to controls.
6. If the measured voltage is not specification, substitute with a known-good temperature control actuator and check for proper operation.
7. If the problem is collected, replace the temperature control actuator.
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the left extension cover (A).
3. Remove the left shower duct (A).
4. Disconnect the temperature control actuator connector (A).
5. Loosen the mounting screw and then remove the temperature control actuator (B).
6. Remove the right extension cover (A).
7. Remove the main crash pad.
(Refer to BD group - "Crash Pad")
8. Remove the right shower duct (A).
9. Disconnect the temperature control actuator connector (A).
10. Loosen the mounting screw and then remove the temperature control actuator (B).
11. Installation is the reverse order of removal.