[AUX, USB, iPod Jack]
Description and Operation
The AUX, iPod and USB JACK on the center console is for customers who like to listen to external portable music players like the MP3, iPod, earphone, USB memory stick, CD player and etc., through the vehicle's sound system when it is linked to this jack. The customer has this added option.
In case of distortions from media connected to the AUX source, the audio unit may not be defective but the output level of the used media does not match the specification of the AUX input.
1. Remove the knob. Remove the floor console upper cover (A) using the appropriate tool.
(Refer to the BD group - "Console")
2. Loosen screws (2EA) and remove the floor console tray (A).
Take care not to damage the hook when removing the switch.
3. Disconnect the connectors (A) from the floor console tray.
4. Remove the multimedia jack (A) from the floor console tray after pressing the hooks.
1. Install the multimedia jack.
2. Install the floor console tray.
3. Install the floor console upper cover.
Customer Complaint Analysis Check Sheet
* Using the customer complaint analysis check sheet for reference, ask the customer for as much detail as possible about the problem.
There are six areas where a problem can occur: wiring harness, the radio, the CD player, and speaker.
Troubleshooting enables you to confine the problem to a particular area.