Steering gear box
MDPS Circuit Diagram
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable from the battery and then wait for at least 30 seconds.
2. Turn the steering wheel so that the front wheels can face straight ahead.
3. Remove the airbag module (A).
(Refer to "Airbag Module" in RT group)
4. Disconnect the locknut (A) & washer (B) and then remove the steering wheel from the steering column shaft.
Tightening torque: 39.2 ~ 49.0N.m (4.0 ~ 5.0kgf.m, 28.9 ~ 36.2lb-ft)
Do not hammer on the steering wheel to remove it may damage the steering column.
5. Remove the steering column upper (A) and lower (B) shroud.
6. Remove the clock spring (A).
7. Remove the multifunction switches (A).
8. Remove the crash lower panel (A).
9. Loosen the bolt & nut and then remove the panel (A).
10. Remove the dust cover.
11. Loosen the bolt (A) and then disconnect the universal joint assembly from the pinion of the steering gear box
Tightening torque: 32.4 ~ 37.3N.m (3.3 ~ 3.8kgf.m, 23.9 ~ 27.5lb-ft)
12. Disconnect all connectors connected the steering column.
13. Remove the steering column by loosening the mounting bolts and nuts.
Tightening torque: 12.7 ~ 17.7N.m (1.3 ~ 1.8kgf.m, 9.4 ~ 13.0lb-ft)
14. Installation is the reverse of the removal.
Universal joint assembly
1. Loosen the bolt (A) and then disconnect the universal joint assembly from the steering column assembly.
2. Reassembly is the reverse of the disassembly.
1. Check the steering column for damage and deformation.
2. Check the join bearing for damage and wear.
3. Check the tilt bracket for damage and cracks.
4. Check the key lock assembly for proper operation and replace it if necessary.