Timing chain cover removal is not required for this procedure.
In case of removing the high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pipe, delivery pipe, and injector, there may be injury caused by leakage of the high pressure fuel. So don't do any repair work right after engine stops.
1. Remove the cylinder head cover. (Refer to Timing system in this group)
2. Set No. 1 cylinder to TDC/compression.
3. Mark the timing chains (A) corresponding to the timing marks of the CVVT sprockets.
4. Turn the crankshaft pulley 15º clockwise.
5. Remove the service hole bolt (A) of the timing chain cover.
The bolt must not be reused once it has been assembled.
6. Remove the intake and exhaust camshaft bearing caps.
7. Release the ratchet of the timing chain tensioner by pulling the link down using a thin rod.
8. After loosening the timing chain, remove the exhaust CVVT & camshaft assembly (A) and then the intake CVVT & camshaft assembly (B).
When taking off the timing chain from the CVVT sprockets, hold the timing chain.
9. Tie down timing chain so that it doesn't move.
Be careful not to drop anything inside timing drain cover.
1. Hold the timing chain, and place the intake CVVT & camshaft assembly.
2. Place the exhaust CVVT & camshaft assembly after releasing the ratchet of the timing chain tensioner.
The timing marks of each CVVT sprocket should be matched with timing marks (painted link) of timing chain when installing the timing chin.
3. Install the camshaft bearing caps in their proper locations.
Group A → Group В → Group C
M6 : 5.9N.m (0.6kgf.m, 4.3lb-ft)
M8 : 14.7N.m (1.5kgf.m, 10.8lb-ft)
M6 : 10.8 ~ 12.7N.m (1.1 ~ 1.3kgf.m, 8.0 ~ 9.4lb-ft)
M8 : 27.5 ~ 31.4N.m (2.8 ~ 3.2kgf.m, 20.3 ~ 23.1lb-ft)
4. Install the service hole bolt (A).
Tightening torque: 11.8 ~ 14.7N.m (1.2 ~ 1.5kgf.m, 8.7 ~ 10.8lb-ft)
5. Тurn the crankshaft two turns in the operating direction (clockwise), and then check that the TDC marks (A) of the CVVT sprockets are in straight line on the cylinder head surface.
6. Install the cylinder head cover. (Refer to Timing system in this group)
1. Disassemble the CVVT assembly (A) and camshaft (B).
When removing the CVVT assembly bolt, prevent the camshaft from rotating by using a wrench.
1. Reassemble the CVVT assembly (A) and camshaft (B).
Tightening torque: 53.9 ~ 63.7N.m (5.5 ~ 6.5kgf.m, 39.7 ~ 47.0lb-ft)
When installing the CVVT assembly bolt, prevent the camshaft from rotating by using a wrench.