Components and Components Location
1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/ recycling/ charging station.
3. When the engine is cool, drain the engine coolant from the radiator.
4. Remove the expansion valve cover (A).
5. Remove the bolts (A) and the expansion valve (B) from the evaporator core.
Tightening torque: 7.8 ~ 11.7 N.m ( 0.8 ~ 1.2 kgf.m. 5.7 ~ 8.6 lb-ft)
Plug or cap the lines immediately after disconnecting them to avoid moisture and dust contamination.
6. Remove the expansion valve flange (A).
7. Disconnect the inlet (C) and outlet (D) heater hoses from the heater unit.
Engine coolant will run out when the hoses are disconnected; drain it into a clean drip pan. Be sure not to let coolant spill on electrical parts or painted surfaces. If any coolant spills, rinse it off immediately.
8. Remove the cowl top cover.
(Refer to BD group - "Cowl Top Cover").
9. Loosen the cowl cross member mounting bolts (A).
10. Remove the steering handle and column.
(Refer to ST group - "Steering Column")
11. Remove the center console.
(Refer to BD group - "Center Console")
12. Disconnect the airbag connector (A).
13. Disconnect the connectors and then remove the left & right multi box (A).
14. Remove the left & right filler trim and than disconnect the connector (A).
15. Remove the heater & blower unit after loosening mounting bolts (A).
16. Loosen the cowl cross member mounting bolts (A) and then remove the crash pad and heater blower unit.
17. Disconnect the connectors and then remove the heater blower unit (A) from crash pad.
18. Remove the blower unit (A) from heater unit (B) after loosening screws.
19. Loosen the mounting screw and then remove the heater core cover (A).
20. Disconnect the heater core (A) from heater unit.
21. Loosen the heater unit lower case mount screw and then remove the heater unit lower case (A).
22. Remove the evaporator core (A).
23. Be careful that the inlet and outlet pipe are not bent during heater core removal, and pull out the heater core.
24. Installation is the reverse order of removal.
25. Installation is the reverse order of removal, and note these items: