Kia Sportage: Spot welding
1. Commercial spot welding machines do not perform
as well as the machines used in the manufacturing
process. When spot welding, increase the number
of spot welds by 30% (1.3 times the original number
2. When spot welding, weld in the middle of the joint.
- Spot welding on the edge of the joint will reduce
Carbon arc welding
In areas where spot welding is not suitable, do plug
welding using a carbon arc welding machine.
1. Clamp the parts to be welded together tightly. Do not
exceed 1 mm of space between parts. A tolerance
greater than 1 mm will reduce the strength of the
2. Weld in the middle of the flange joint.
- Drill a hole 5~6 mm on one side of the flange only,
and weld within the hole.
- Do not weld on the edge of the flange joint.
1. Body measurement
Before disassembling, measure the damaged area
according to the dimensions supplied in Body
Dimension, Section 31. If deformation is present,
use a frame straightener to adjust.
When disassembling a panel,
Preparation for assembly
1. Spot weld finish
Use a disk grinder or similar tool to finish spot weld
mark. Do not grind more than is necessary to smooth
2. Panel preparation
Repair any bent or uneven areas with a hammer to
1. Checking welding and fitting in advance
When assembling a new part, measure the
dimensions of each part according to the body
dimensions given in Section 31, and set part to the
Prior to final weld
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
will warn and control as following operation.
Warning light will appear in the outside
rear view mirror when the
The following explains how to fasten the
passenger's and rear seat belts.
Fastening your seat belt:
Combination retractor type seat belts
are installed in the rear seat positions to
help accommodate the installation of
Child Restraint Syste