Kia Sportage: Notes when welding body
Most body parts are spot welded. In order to disassemble the damaged area, it
is best to disassemble the spot
welded area from the body frame using a spot cutter or candle type edge drill
bit. Do not use a drill bit with a tapered
1. Commercial spot welding machines do not perform
as well as the machines used in the manufacturing
process. When spot welding, increase the number
of spot welds by 30% (1.3 times the original number
2. When spot welding, weld in t
1. Body measurement
Before disassembling, measure the damaged area
according to the dimensions supplied in Body
Dimension, Section 31. If deformation is present,
use a frame straightener to adjust.
When disassembling a panel,
Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) is installed on the surge tank and
controls the passage between the canister
and the intake manifold. It is a solenoid valve and is open when the ECM grounds
1. Disconnect the ignition switch connector (B) and key warning switch
connector (A) from under the steering column.
2. Check for continuity between the terminals.
3. If continuity is not specified, repla