Kia Sportage: Welding procedures
Observe the following tips when welding.
1. Wear appropriate eye protection.
2. Carefully follow the manufacturers operating
instructions for the welding machine you are using.
3. Do not weld, smoke or allow open flames around
volatile chemicals, cleaners or solvents or in any
area where they have just been used.
Body frame straightener
When using a frame straightener, do not enter the area
where the body is being straightened by the chain.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Do not pull on wires when disconnecting electrical
connectors. Be careful to hold the connector itself
when disconnecting it.
3. Insert the connector until it "clicks" when connecting
4. Handle all electrical components with care.
Measuring dimensions before beginning
Measure the dimensions of the damaged area according to the body dimension
drawings before disassembling
and repairing. Adjust dimensions with body frame adjuster if deformed.
Selecting cutting area
Applying spot sealer
Remove paint from the surface of new parts and body to be spot welded, and
apply spot sealer for rustproofing.
Selecting a welding method
If the thickness of the area to be welded with the panels overlapped is
Self Diagnosis With Scan Tool
Smart key system defects can be quickly diagnosed with the GDS. GDS operates
actuator quickly to monitor,
input/output value and self diagnosis.
The following three features will be major problem i
The basic functions of Driver Attention
Consider taking a break
Driver Attention Warning
Driver Attention Warnin